Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Playing with my new Mac

I recently managed to convince my employer to provide me with a MacBook Pro so that I could start developing in-house iPhone applications for the company. I'm not yet at the point where I'm writing applications, but I am installing tons of stuff on the laptop so that I can use it as my mobile computer for when I'm on the road for work. It certainly has its quirks that I have to get used to over running everything in Windows. This will be a very brief post, but suffice it to say that I've learned a few things :

1) When it comes to Maven, ensure that JAVA_HOME is set in your environment variables.
2) Make sure you're choosing the right JVM. MacOSX comes with a bunch of default JVMs installed, and you can configure them through the Java control panel in Applications -> Utilities

No comments: